We are the Social Network for Black Professionals.
One of the best ways to grow is to be around other like-minded people who are pushing the limits, focused on success, and balancing work and life. We believe in balancing personal and professional development with having fun along the way. The best relationships are developed over shared personal experiences.
As Young Professionals, we all need an outlet to be able to relax, laugh, have stimulating conversations about topics relevant to our community and still be able to kick it with other dope people from various industries for a few hours. This is when The Connect 757 was created.
We are here to create new experiences with new people while growing personally and professionally. We step outside of our comfort zones, whether it is trying a new cuisine at a local restaurant, or an exhilarating outdoor adventure, we have something for you.
We have a series of events and challenges that members can take part in including:
- Outdoor Adventure Series – Includes a range of outdoor events that challenge members to step outside of their comfort zones
- Melanin Reads Book Club – Monthly Book Club that discusses the months chosen book over a potluck style meeting.
- Melanin Brunch – Monthly brunch that allows members to explore some of Hampton Roads favorite and/or new brunch spots, surrounded by other Melanin Members.
- Dynamic Dialogues – Discussions focused on personal and professional development topics that are RELEVANT to Black Young Professionals.
- Annual Challenges vary depending on the time of year.
- 5 AM Challenge – During the months of April and October, members commit to waking up at 5am M-F to work on personal goals while being led and held accountable by the Founder & CEO. Participants have lost weight, organized their finances, started businesses and nonprofits, dedicated me time, and accomplished so many goals within the 30 days.
- Social Networking Events: The Connect 757 is committed to collaborating with members and local organizations to host events of interest to members. Events have included Christmas Toy Drive, Neon Nights Skate Party, Networking 3.0, Cocktails & Creatives, Game Nights, Women’s Empowerment Brunch, and a Day Party.
We also manage the Hampton Roads Black Young Professionals Facebook page so we can stay connected and in the know for ALL events in Hampton Roads.
Hi, cant wait to read more books and get to know more people
Leave a comment