We are the Social Network for Black Professionals.
Our goal has always been to creatively connect Black Professionals through social networking events. Making friends as adults can be so hard! We hear it all of the time. We believe in balancing personal and professional development while having fun along the way. The best relationships are developed over shared personal experiences.
This is when The Connect 757 was created.
We are here to create new experiences with new people while growing personally and professionally. We step outside of our comfort zones, whether it is trying a new cuisine at a local restaurant, or an exhilarating outdoor adventure, we have something for you.
Our signature events have allowed our members to have memorable experiences, grow their networks, and explore the region. Our pillar events include:
Social Networking Events:
- Melanated Excursions – Domestic and international group travel experiences
- Outdoor Adventure Series – Various outdoor events that challenge members to step outside of their comfort zones.
- Melanin Brunch – Summer brunch series that allows members to explore some of Hampton Roads favorite and/or new brunch spots in an intimate environment.
- Melanin Reads Book Club – Monthly Book Club that supports black and brown authors across various genres.
- Nontradiational Social Events – Events to bring the community together throughout the 757. Events have included Movie Nights, Skating Event, Singles Mixer, Black Professionals Happy Hour, Coffee CONNECTions, and many more.
Professional Development Events:
- ConnectCon – An exclusive, intimate, and engaging mini conference that supports Black professionals by cultivating awareness of professional development, civic engagement, and self-care.
- Dynamic Dialogues – Discussions focused on personal and professional development topics that are relevant to Black Professionals.
- 5 AM Club – Bi-annual virtual group accountability club that resets members goals to start or end the year strong.
Community Connect Events:
- Annual Santa Looks Like Me! Holiday Photos and Community Toy Drive